An Internet Discussion List on Training Issues in Texas Government
To subscribe, click here.
What is DIRTRAIN?
DIRTRAIN (pronounced D.I.R. Train) is an Internet email list that allows staff in Texas government to share training information. DIR's interest is primarily technology training, but the list can be used to exchange information about any training resources, request advice and feedback, post notices of meetings/events, and much more. It is a fast, easy way to network with others in Texas government who are interested in any aspect of training. (Note - this list would be of interest primarily to those who develop, manage, coordinate, and/or deliver training.)
The list is open to personnel from Texas State agencies, public universities, and other government organizations. There is no fee for subscribing to DIRTRAIN. The focus is on STATE government, but any government employee may join.
Subscribing and Account Maintenance
User accounts may be configured through a web-based interface that allows members to choose many options, including whether they participate via regular email or by receiving a summary (called a digest) of all list traffic periodically. Please refer to http://lists.state.tx.us/mailman/listinfo/dirtrain for information on subscribing, unsubscribing, and posting messages.
Other DIR Lists
Below is a listing of public DIR mailing lists. Click on a list name to get more information about the list, or to subscribe, unsubscribe, and change the preferences on your subscription.
- Buyer Alert - Buyer Alert Program from DIR
- DIR Policy - DIR Policy Announcements
- DIRTECH - Networking and expertise sharing among Information Technology (IT) professionals in Texas government
- IPV6 - Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) Task Force
- IRAPC - Security mailing list
- Peso-share - Sharing Government code (open code) JAVA Focus TASSCC SIG
- Peso-wg - PESO (Public Electronic Services On-the-Internet) Working Group - TASSCC SIG
- Sys-admin - Open Source Interest Group for IT Decision Makers and System Administrators - TASSCC SIG.
- Techlunch2 - Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities
To contact the administrator for list, please address questions or comments to:
Department of Information Resources
phone: 512-475-2432 (Technical Support)