Power to Purchase Technology Expo
We hope you enjoyed this year's event - Thank you for attending and for making Power to Purchase a success!
If you haven't filled out the event survey yet, please do so here - we'd love to get your feedback about the event to help us improve and serve you better.
Location & Hours
Thursday April 26, 2012
8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Palmer Events Center
900 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704
Free parking for attendees in the Palmer Events Center garage.
Palmer Events Center Map (PDF, 970 KB)
Phone: (512) 404-4500
List of area hotels (PDF, 776 KB)
What is the Power to Purchase Technology Expo?
Power to Purchase brings DIR contracted technology vendors together with IT and purchasing staff from state agencies, local and county government, K-12 and higher education to raise awareness about our Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Contracts program. ICT Contracts is a streamlined cooperative purchasing program for state and local government, public education, and other public entities within and outside the state of Texas. The event includes a wide range of educational break out sessions as well as time to network in the exhibit hall.
Why should government IT and purchasing employees attend?
Power to Purchase, free to government attendees, is a one-day expo that will show you how to maximize your technology buying power using the ICT Contracts program. Plus, you will have the opportunity to:
- Earn continuing education credit
- Interact with DIR Contract Managers and contracted vendors
- Discover how to use the program and take advantage of the money- and time-saving opportunities
- Learn about technology products and services available through DIR contracts
Why should DIR contracted technology vendors exhibit?
Power to Purchase provides access to your government customer base. Plus, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build new relationships and strengthen existing relationships, increase your customer base, develop your business and showcase your technology solutions
- Interact with purchasing, IT, and other key decision-makers across the state of Texas
- Get to know your customers – interact with a captivated audience as the expo is only open to eligible public entities able to purchase through the ICT Contracts program
Have questions about Power to Purchase? Send us an email.