Welcome to SecureTexas - the online security resource for Texas citizens
SecureTexas provides up-to-date technology security information as well as tips to help you strengthen your part of Texas’ technology infrastructure. This site is designed to cater to the needs of Texans. If there is something that you would like to know that is not available on the website, contact us.
Leadership in Texas Government
- Governor Rick Perry, along with several other state governors, signed a Cyber Security Awareness proclamation PDF (654 KB) to promote cyber security preparedness and support Cyber Security Awareness Month during October, 2009.
- The Office of the Texas Attorney General provides tips for using the internet for parents, kids, and consumers.
- Texas First Lady Anita Perry has partnered with the Internet Keep Safe Coalition to teach children the dangers found on the internet and how best to handle them. The Coalition's educational program uses children's books, web materials and public service announcements to emphasize simple tips for children to stay safe online. via the Internet Keep Safe Coalition, is providing ongoing support to protect our children from the dangers and hazards of the Internet. Internet safety resources for teachers, parents, and students are on the Internet Keep Safe Coalition website.
- FTC Guides Businesses in Safeguarding Personal Information
The Federal Trade Commission's (FTC) guide for businesses with practical suggestions for organizations of all sizes on safeguarding sensitive data.
- Protect Yourself Online
An overview of technology security issues, including best practices, definitions, and frequently asked questions.
- "How To" Information
Information on how to set up your email, Web browser, and other tools for better security.
Practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to guard against Internet fraud and protecting personal information.
- Website lists programs with spyware
StopBadware.org lists programs containing spyware and other malicious software.
- Links to Further Reading
A library of security information from local, state, and federal government, private non-profit organizations, and the business community.
This site is a reference site. The links are to provide consumers with a listing of references to find answers, learn, stay abreast of the newest information. Some of the information provided in these sites are from commercial vendors and are not an endorsement of any kind. They are used for informational purposes only.