Cybersecurity Awareness Month
State of Texas Office of the Governor Cybersecurity Awareness Month Proclamation
Cybersecurity Awareness Month Activities: (Events continue to be added, check back for more.)
- October 7th - TMD Cyber Aware Event
Octobter 7th - FBI Cybersecurity Threat Discussion, — Presented by Jordan Loyd, FBI
October 13th - Virtually Facilitated Cybersecurity
Tabletop Exercise Session 1 (Must create or login in with TEEX account to register.) Event registration is FULL, however we welcome you to join us via observation. Please email DIRsecurity@dir.texas.gov to be added to the list. View flyer. Facilitated tabletop discussion on a cybersecurity incident. This scenario focused discussion will cover the potential impacts of a computer security incident impacting a local community. Members of the local jurisdictions' information security, technology, emergency management, legal, communications, executive management, and elected officials are welcome to attend.
October 14th - Virtually Facilitated Cybersecurity Tabletop Exercise Session 2
- October 14th - The Human Factor: Presented by Aamir Lakhani, Security Strategist, Fortinet
- October 21st - OCISO Gartner Partner Webinar
- October 21st - Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart — Presented by George Reeves, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- October 21st - CISA Cybersecurity Resiliency Workshop
- October 22nd - OCISO Cybersecurity Educational webinar- Proofpoint: Threat Intelligence Briefing
- October 27th - Texas ISAO Special Topic Meeting: Building a Community ISAO
- October 28th - Life Beyond the Firewall: Presented by Andy Bennett, Apollo Information Systems
- October 29th - CISA Cybersecurity Incident Management Workshop
3rd Annual High School Cybersecurity Awareness Public Service Announcement (PSA) Competition sponsored by the Texas Department of Information Resources Office of the Chief Information Security Officer opens September 11th, 2020. All Texas HS students grades 9-12th, are welcome to participate in creating PSA video by submission DEADLINE EXTENSION is Friday, October 30th at 11:59pm CST. See the documents below for additional competition details. #2020TXPSA
- 2019 Cybersecurity Awareness PSA Competition: Thank you to all the teams who participated in OCISO's 2nd annual competition. We commend you all for the hard work and creativity demonstrated in your submissions!
- MS-ISAC 2020-2021 Kids Safe Online Poster Contest
Each year students K-12 from across the country submit pieces of artwork that cover topics such as being safe online, good online security practices, cyber bullying, and how to be a good digital citizen. Public, private, and home schooled students in grades K-12 are all invited to participate! The contest will run from September 25, 2020 through January 22, 2021. The winners of the contest will be recognized nationally in acknowledgment of National October Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM).
For more information regarding the contest and other ways to participate in NCSAM (such as the Best of the Web Contest), please visit the MS-ISAC Toolkit page listed below. The poster contest entry form is available under Bring Security Home, which includes FAQs to help guide your efforts and provide inspiration. Send questions and submissions to email@example.com. All submissions must be sent as a scanned image.