Enterprise Plans & Reports
Texas Cybersecurity Strategic Plan
In 2018, the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer worked with the Statewide Information Security Advisory Committee to create a statewide strategic plan that focuses on cybersecurity initiatives. This is a five-year plan and is comprised of five goals:
- Engagement: Foster state and agency leadership engagement for cybersecurity initiatives.
- Tooling: Provide proactive cybersecurity defense through insight and technology.
- Staffing: Ensure adequate knowledge, skills, and experience of the cybersecurity workforce.
- Response: Minimize the detection and response time for security events.
- Outreach: Establish a cybersecurity outreach program to increase awareness of cybersecurity best practices.